Monday, November 8, 2010

Creation

Too many voices out of turn -
It's time to call a meeting.

Now listen to my story.

We all know about the First Man
and how He was given powers
to create me out of nothing
but a piece of what was holding Him together
His lungs, His kidneys, His heart.
He was told to sacrifice
a part of Himself
for someone to talk to.

Implausible. Except for that last bit
about the sacrifice. We've all been there, right?
I can deal with a good metaphor.
The rest of it?
dismissed.

So allegedly everything is fine.
As long as I have my Creator around.
I mean, everyone needs a God, right?
And so does He.

But as it turns out
my God is not all that exciting.
In fact a little boring.
His speech is limited, His mind is not....
curious.
And He doesn't really want to listen to me.
He only wants to talk to his Daddy.
They speak behind my back.
They act
as if I am not to be trusted.
And perhaps I am not.
I get....curious.

And I love my God.
I feel like we should be
one.
But our interests have divided.

We argue.
He tells me that He can not be wrong
that He does not make mistakes.
But He made me.
And I am wrong.

I want to create.

I can still feel it to this day, the craving
of hostilities, needs, the juices
of every fruit imaginable
mashed into this bowl
and then wiped clean
only to start again
and then to start another.

Creation.
Imagine if that power should be given to me.
I still feel it to this day
so many years later
I have held creatures in my captivity
and called them my own.
They believed me.
I craved the connection.
So did they.
There must be something to that.
I have been here forever,
hollow, surviving through moments of
histrionic pleasure
mixing all of the ingredients
furiously
together
to no end.

There is no God here.

8 comments:

  1. I found this very dark and extremely melancholy. For me this is about the pointlessness of "being" --
    about pretending that we mean something when we don't, that we our lives have form and substance and are not just the projection of an ambivalent god.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. Melancholy. Sounds almost delicious except that it isn't.

    Anyway, your analysis is pretty spot on. Guess that's just where I'm coming from these days. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "He was told to sacrifice
    a part of Himself
    for someone to talk to."

    I love this.

    You're rolling like the invention of the wheel. You're rolling like an accretion disk that becomes a galaxy. You're rolling like girl who falls down a snowy mountain and becomes a GIANT SNOWBALL OF SPARKLY SNOWSTUFF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "He was told to sacrifice
    a part of Himself
    for someone to talk to."

    I like this line.
    You don't need ME to tell you you're on a roll.
    You're in the zone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AAAUUUGGHH! The first comment said "error" so I rewrote a DIFFERENT comment (not remembering what I'd written from one minute to the next), and then it posted BOTH! and I don't know how to delete. Gah. Whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked the first comment better, but I'll keep them all because I like them all. The more the merrier, I say. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, man. This one makes me wince.

    You DO have the gift of creation, y'know? It's right there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wince? I'm not sure that was the reaction I was going for, but ok, I'll take the second part of your comment as a sign that it wasn't a BAD kind of "wince." Errrrr......right?

    ReplyDelete