Saturday, November 13, 2010

Nothing

What a joy
I've achieved through nothing
You could call it a black out
Or a white out
or a thoughtless existence
a disappearance
without an ounce of flesh to hold me down
without the energy of music, love, or fury
without a ghost to call my own.
Where you bury me, my memory,
nothing will grow.
I won't even notice.
Neither will you.
No name on a stone
No markings of remembrance
a heroine's memory.
Sometimes the thought gives me peace
a garden without you
a garden without a me
a landscape of dirt.
a landscape of nothing.
Build what you want here
if you even notice it.
You have my blessing
for what it's worth.

5 comments:

  1. "A Garden Without You" would be a beautiful title for a poetry collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm taking it under advisement from a friend of mine to NOT change anything in this poem...but I'm getting antsy about it....*deshpilk*

    ReplyDelete
  3. write another about the ansty from this poem. this poem stands all-one alone, as we enter life alone we also leave it alone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What would you change? It looks pretty solid to me. No reason you can't have two very similar poems, is there?

    ReplyDelete